William J. Pinilis
Phone: (973) 401-1111
William Pinilis is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney. (www.CertifiedCivilTrialAttorney.com). Less than 3% of the lawyers in the State of New Jersey have the necessary knowledge and experience to have earned this distinction. He concentrates primarily on handling consumer claims, complex commercial litigation, class action litigation and personal injury/negligence actions involving significant injuries. Mr. Pinilis has acquired a national reputation for excellence in handling consumer and consumer class action claims. (www.ConsumerFraudLawyer.com)
Mr. Pinilis has served as an adjunct professor at Seton Hall School of Law since 1995, where he currently teaches Consumer Law and New Jersey Practice. He has also appeared on Tru TV (formerly Court TV), and lectured with the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, where he has lectured on Consumer Law and the mandatory continuing legal education course Civil Trial Preparation. Mr. Pinilis long appeared as a regular guest on the Troubleshooter Show – a nationally syndicated consumer advocacy radio talk show.
In addition teaching and media appearances, Mr. Pinilis also is a popular seminar speaker. For more information on seminars, please visit our seminar page.
Mr. Pinilis is a founding member and frequent contributor to the Consumer Fraud Forum, a consumer protection and advocacy forum.
“The Lampf Decision: An appropriate Period of Limitations?” New Jersey Trial Lawyer, May 1992; “Consumer Fraud Act Permits Private Enforcement,” New Jersey Law Journal, Aug. 23, 1993; “Lawyer-Politicians Should Be Sanctioned for Jeering Judges,” New Jersey Law Journal, July 1, 1996; “No Complaint, No Memo – No Whistle-Blower Suit,” New Jersey Law Journal, Sept. 16, 1996; and “Work-Product Privilege Doctrine Clarified,” New Jersey Lawyer, Aug. 2, 1999.
- B.A., Hobart College (1989)
- J.D., Benjamin Cardozo School of Law (1992)
Bar Affiliations and Court Admissions:
- New Jersey Bar
- State Bar of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Morris County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Graduate, Brennan Inn of Court
- Class Action Section, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Consumer Law Section, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Thiedemann v. Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, 183 N.J. 234 (2005)
- Miller v. American Family Publishers, 284 N.J. Super 67 (Ch. Div. 1995)
- Union Ink Co., Inc. v. AT&T Corp., 352 N.J. Super 617 (2002)
- Muhammad v. County Bank of Rehoboth Beach, 379 N.J. Super 222 (App. Div. 2005)
- Smerling v. Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc., 389 N.J. Super 181 (App. Div. 2006)
- Weiss v. Regal Collections, 385 F.3d 337 (3d Cir. 2004)
This is a representative sample of some of PinilisHalpern’s Recent Results.